To help you mantain your weight loss after having the Lap Band Surgery with Dr. Shillingford, try this amazing low sugar desert. You’ll be amazed by how healthy food could taste as good as fattening food! And plus, you will feel great about yourself and your body.
If you want to learn more about Dr. Shillingford and Lap Band surgery, you can contact his office at (561) 483-8840. We are located in Palm Beach- Florida.
Sampling this lemon mousse with strawberries is like spooning up sunshine; the jewel-like layers of berries are an unexpected delight. We’ve lightened up the mousse by substituting gelatin and fat-free yogurt for the usual quantities of eggs and cream.
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 envelope gelatin, about 7 g
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- Hull the strawberries and slice thickly.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over 1⁄4 cup cold water in a small bowl. Allow to stand for 5 minutes to soften.
- Place another 1⁄4 cup water, the sugar, lemon rind, lemon juice, oil and egg in a medium saucepan and whisk together until well combined. Cook over a low heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture is hot, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the softened gelatin and cook, whisking constantly, until the gelatin has dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, transfer to a medium bowl and cool to room temperature, whisking occasionally. Whisk in the yogurt. Alternately layer the strawberries and lemon mousse in 8 dessert bowls and chill until set, about 3 hours. Serve.
Preparation time 15 mins
Cooking time 5 mins, plus 3 hours chilling
- 129 calories
- 3 g protein
- 3 g total fat
- 1 g saturated fat
- 32 mg cholesterol
- 22 g total carbohydrate
- 22 g sugars
- 1 g fibre
- 25 mg sodium
Although the vitamin C in the lemon juice is diminished somewhat by being heated, one serving still provides a useful amount of this antioxidant vitamin.