Arugula Pizza with Poached Eggs
• 1 (11-ounce) package refrigerated pizza crust dough (such as Pillsbury Thin Pizza Crust)
• Cooking spray
• 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
• 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved fresh Romano cheese, divided
• 1 tablespoon white vinegar
• 6 large eggs
• 1 (5-ounce) package baby arugula
• 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. 2. Unroll pizza dough on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray; place in preheating oven. Bake as oven heats for 7 minutes.
3. 3. Combine the ricotta and 1/4 cup Romano. Remove pan from oven. Quickly spread cheese mixture over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges. Return pan to oven, and bake for 5 minutes.
4. 4. While pizza bakes, add water to a large skillet, filling two-thirds full; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer. Add vinegar. Break each egg into a custard cup, and pour gently into pan. Cook 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Carefully remove eggs from pan using a slotted spoon.
5. 5. Combine arugula, remaining 1/4 cup Romano cheese, and the next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl; toss well. Top pizza with arugula mixture and eggs; sprinkle with pepper. Cut into 6 pieces.